Natural killer cells or nk cells are a type of cytotoxic lymphocyte critical to the innate immune system the role nk cells play is analogous to that of cytotoxic t cells in the vertebrate adaptive immune response . Natural killer nk cells are lymphocytes in the same family as t and b cells coming from a common progenitor however as cells of the innate immune system nk cells are classified as group i innate lymphocytes ilcs and respond quickly to a wide variety of pathological challenges. Third class comprises the killer t cells which are cytotoxic ie they are able to destroy other cells most of the lymphocytes lying between the epithelial cells of the mucosa are killer t cells read more role in cell mediated immunity
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.