Macrophages recognize and engulf foreign materials and present fragments or epitopes on their membranes to initiate an immune response macrophages have many names for instance histiocytes reticuloendothelial cells kupffer cells in the liver littoral cells in the spleen. Macrophages are important cells of the immune system that are formed in response to an infection or accumulating damaged or dead cells macrophages are large specialized cells that recognize . A macrophage is a type of white blood cell that cleans the body of unwanted microscopic particles such as bacteria and dead cells learn more about this important cell and take a quiz at the end . Macrophages are part of mononuclear phagocytic system and the alveolar macrophage is the first cell to encounter m low dose bcg infection as a model for macrophage activation maintaining cell viability
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.